Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Disgusting Disservice (Yep, you guessed it, this is about Bush)

I am so disgusted by Bush, as perusual. I mean, not surprised, but disgusted.

Despite my seething disgust, I will try to respond to his totally ahistorical, irrational statement in a rational way.

Bush drew a parallel today in a speech to the Israeli Parliament between Nazi appeasers and his political opponents who support diplomatic talks with Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran and Syria.

How someone have such a DEEP misundertanding of the world, the Middle East, Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran, and Syria is beyond me. How someone can say such a profoundly mistaken statement is also beyond me.

More than anything this is an extreme disservice to the world, the Middle East, and most of all Israel.

This reminds me of the even more profoundly disturbing and mistaken phrase 'Islamofascism' which when I heard I though I might be listening to an Onion special.

More on why this parallel is so inaccurate later.

Th

No comments: