Monday, March 9, 2009

Other things I care about that I am going to post about.

Being a DC native living in DC for the time being, there are some other local and national issues I care about that I am going to start posting about:
(I love how I wrote things like this as if people actually read my blog. Sad isn't it.)

1. The ineffective prison system in this country.
- We spend an average $29,000 on a prisoner a year
- 1 in every 31 adults (7.3 million Americans) is in jail
- Rehabilitation is a much more effective policy than imprisonment which hardens criminals
Here is the first article on this topic: Pew study in NYTimes "Study Shows High Cost of Criminal Corrections"

2. Public School/ Education reform, DC's successful charter schools and Michelle Rhee

3. DC Restaurants bc I am a connoisseur

4. This list might grow

No comments: