Friday, June 5, 2009

Warning!! Morocco Trip Approaching.

This is an advance warning to all readers: From 14 June to 26 July, my postings might be rare and skimpy.

This is because I am going to Morocco. I love Morocco; I was in the Peace Corps there a few years ago and have a lot of friends and people I consider family in my village, Ait Attou in the Errachidia province. I have been back twice tow visit since the end of my service.

So anyway, I got a job this summer leading a group of high school students on a 6 week Arabic immersion trip. They will be studying at the Arabic Language Institute (ALI) of the American Language Center (ALC) in Marrakech. The program is part of the State Dept's National Security Language Initiative for Youth.

IN cause you all are wondering about my plans after that: I will return to the States to DC for the month of August and then am off to Iraq, to work at the American University of Iraq at Suleimaniya, the first week of September!! Wooohooo!

No comments: