Monday, May 25, 2009

Check me out.


Every now and then, I post something funny or personal. Like don't you remember when I revealed my traditional friday night dinner to you all?? Or when I vented to you all about the study critical of red meat? Hence revealing my extreme fondness for it? I felt like we really grew closer after that one.
Don't worry I am not under the delusion that many actually read this blog, but I have realized it keeps me sane, well somewhat sane, and limits my real life verbal tirades and those that occur in my head. I think I really would have gone crazy by now not having a place to vent about all the injustices and inaccuracies and misconceptions out there about the Middle East and Islam.

So I thought I'd include a special pic for all of you (6) readers. That is me in the middle last year, just kidding, it was about 14 or 15 years ago. I am with my twin cousins, who actually dwell on the darkside (radical blindfaith Sarah Palin loving Christian conservatives), so don't be fooled by their cute faces or our similar look.
Oh and in case you were squinting at the picture, wondering, YES that is half of a lemonade cup on my shirt, and yes it was from Benetton circa 1994, like the rest of my wardrobe back then.

3 comments:

Sakina Al-Amin said...

Hi,
Just got to your blog. My husband is from Sulaimaniyah (correct international spelling according to him, while locals call it Slemani), Iraq. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions or need help with something, I'll forward it to my husband.

Anonymous said...

Aww cute! You can really tell which one is you.

P.S. I'm sorry for commenting on your blog, Ms. VdT.

Anonymous said...

I think that's hilarious. However, I want to know what you were doing wearing Benetton in 1994. I'm from Indiana, and even I know Benetton wasn't cool after 1990. - AET